Friday, January 16, 2009

MORE WORK IN PROGRESS




In these two photos you can pretty much see the stage I am at with this series. Several more miniature pieces were made - both leaves on the left and little wheel thrown pots on the right. These pieces were all loaded into the kiln today and will be fired the beginning of next week. Notice how I try to make each little pot unique through shape or texture. I think I will still need to make 2 more batches like this before I have enough to fill all the boxes I want to use.

In the other photo you can see how I begin to arrange and rearrange the already fired pieces by assembling them on a metal rod. At this stage, once they have been fired and before they are painted, I begin to look at which forms work best together. Once I find the combinations I like I will begin the painting process and start mounting them into the boxes. Of course the boxes still need to be arranged and painted or finished in other ways.

No comments: