Wednesday, December 3, 2008

WORKING IN CLAY

For the past year I have been trying to make a new start as an artist. After retiring from a 37 year career of teaching in the arts I decided to pursue doing my own art full time. This past January I enrolled at Miami Dade College and have worked in their clay studio almost daily for the past 12 months. In that time I have been able to produce about 45 clay sculptures working in three directions: Found boxes, freestanding stacked pieces and wall hanging pieces. All the sculptures are assemblages combining clay with other objects, natural and man made. I have shown pieces from this series at the campus Art Gallery and at a gallery space at my church, Crossbridge Church Miami. I hoping to begin showing through a gallery in the near future.

These were two early pieces:

I will be trying to set up a web site soon but until I do I will try to use this blog to post new work as it is finished.

No comments: